A year Later and Operation Baby Leeke is finally in motion



Wow, where has the time gone! It seems quite impossible that this time last year I had just started my jabs and for the first time in 36 years, I’d began to grown breasts! Now here we are a year later, a few thousand pound lighter, a couple of stone heavier (not all that is my boobs sadly) and finally, after all this time, ready to begin round two of IVF to hopefully create our dream of having our very own Baby Leeke. 

So, for those of you that followed us during round one, will know the following, for those just starting to follow our journey...

  1. Round one was a challenge. Changed me inside and out and at some points I was ready to give up.
  2. Round one resulted in a suspected Ectopic.
  3. We then fell pregnant naturally but resulted in ectopic and losing my final Fallopian tube. 
  4. The Beard has been in the Sperm donation programme because he has good little swimmers and amazing has agreed his spent can be used to help up to 5 couples in our similar circumstance. That had been a head fluff yes, but what a man.
  5. My lovely friend set up a donation page to help us have a chance at another round, because we only had one NHS Shot, we was blown away with all the lovely donations and without it we would be where we are today.

So! Where are we? Well right now we are one week away from consultation, if all goes well and treatment is approved, we will officially begin operation Baby Leeke round two on September 18th. Those that are close to me know how just being able to say a date, after all this time, has today made me dance, cry, smile, snap and just let all the emotions out. The hardest wait ever, the longest year, spent with me feeling like I’ve been in a constant limbo competition, but unable to get under, get up or get down! Now, finally, just today, I know I can now move a little freely, just knowing the sperm donation is finally over, we finally are seeing our consultant and hopefully we will be all set to go. 

Watch this space, as I shall be blogging our journey again, for my own sanity as well as to empty my head, speak honestly and to be able to explain how I feel. 

Fingers crossed for us!! 


A desperate Mummy to be xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generosity and Feeling Thankfulness

What Nobody Tells You and What I Did Not Know Before

Testing times, the need to write and a week I want to forget